#36. Yaasin *SURAH*
In the name of Allah Most Gracious Most Merciful
1. Ya Sin.
2. By the Qur'an full of Wisdom
3. Thou art indeed one of the apostles
4. On a Straight Way
5. It is a Revelation sent down by (Him) the Exalted in Might
6. In order that thou mayest admonish a people whose fathers had
received no admonition and who therefore remain heedless (of the
Signs of Allah)
7. The Word is proved true against the greater part of them; for
they do not believe
8. We have put yokes round their necks right up to their chins so
that their heads are forced up (and they cannot see)
9. And We have put a bar in front of them and a bar behind them
and further We have covered them up; so that they cannot see
10. The same is it to them whether thou admonish them or thou do
not admonish them: they will not believe
11. Thou canst but admonish: such a one as follows the Message
and fears the (Lord) Most Gracious unseen: give such a one
therefore good tidings of Forgiveness and a Reward most generous
12. Verily We shall give life to the dead and We record that
which they sent before and that which they leave behind and of
all things have We taken account in a clear Book (of evidence)
13. Set forth to them by way of a parable the (story of) the
Companions of the City. Behold there came apostles to it
14. When We (first) sent to them two apostles they rejected them:
but We strengthened them with a third: they said "Truly we have
been sent on a mission to you."
15. The (people) said: "Ye are only men like ourselves; and
(Allah) Most Gracious sends no sort of revelation: Ye do nothing
16. They said: "Our Lord doth know that we have been sent on a
mission to you
17. "And Our duty is only to proclaim the clear Message."
18. The (people) said: "for us We augur an evil omen from you: if
ye desist not we will certainly stone you and a grievous
punishment indeed will be inflicted on you by us."
19. They said: "Your evil omens are with yourselves: (deem ye
this an evil omen) if ye are admonished? Nay but ye are a people
transgressing all bounds!"
20. Then there came running from the farthest part of the City a
man saying "O! my people! obey the apostles"
21. "Obey those who ask no reward of you (for themselves) and who
have themselves received Guidance
22. "It would not be reasonable in me if I did not serve Him Who
created me and to Whom ye shall (all) be brought back
23. "Shall I take (other) gods besides Him? If (Allah) Most
Gracious should intend some adversity for me of no use whatever
will be their intercession for me nor can they deliver me
24. "I would indeed if I were to do so be in manifest Error"
25. "For me I have faith in the Lord of you (all): listen then to
26. It was said: "Enter thou the Garden." He said "Ah me! would
that my People knew (what I know)!
27. "For that my Lord has granted me Forgiveness and has enrolled
me among those held in honor!"
28. And We sent not down against his People after Him any hosts
from heaven nor was it needful for Us so to do
29. It was no more than a single mighty Blast and behold! they
were (like ashes) quenched and silent
30. Ah! alas for (My) servants! There comes not an apostle to
them but they mock Him!
31. See they not how many generations before them We destroyed?
Not to them will they return
32. But each one of them all will be brought before Us (for
33. A Sign for them is the earth that is dead; We do give it life
and produce grain therefrom of which ye do eat
34. And We produce therein orchards with date-palms and Vines and
We cause springs to gush forth therein
35. That they may enjoy the fruits of this (artistry): it was not
their hands that made this: will they not then give thanks?
36. Glory to Allah Who created in pairs all things that the earth
produces as well as their own (human) kind and (other) things of
which they have no knowledge
37. And a Sign for them is the Night: We withdraw therefrom the
Day and behold they are plunged in darkness
38. And the Sun runs his course for a period determined for him:
that is the decree of (Him) the exalted in Might the All-Knowing
39. And the Moon We have measured for her mansions (to traverse)
till she returns like the old (and withered) lower part of
40. It is not permitted to the Sun to catch up the Moon nor can
the Night outstrip the Day: each (just) swims along in (its own)
orbit (according to Law)
41. And a Sign for them is that We bore their race (through the
flood) in the loaded Ark
42. And We have created for them similar (vessels) on which they
43. If it were Our Will We could drown them; then would there be
no helper (to hear their cry) nor could they be delivered
44. Except by way of Mercy from Us and by way of (worldly)
convenience (to serve them) for a time
45. When they are told "Fear ye that which is before you and that
which will be after you in order that ye may receive Mercy" (they
46. Not a Sign comes to them from among the Signs of their Lord
but they turn away therefrom
47. And when they are told "Spend ye of (the bounties) with which
Allah has provided you." You Unbelievers say to those who
believe: "Shall we then feed those whom if Allah had so willed He
would have fed (himself)? Ye are in nothing but manifest error."
48. Further they say "When will this promise (come to pass) if
what ye say is true?"
49. They will not (have to) wait for aught but a single Blast: it
will seize them while they are yet disputing among themselves!
50. No (chance) will they then have by will to dispose (of their
affairs) nor to return to their own people!
51. The trumpet shall be sounded when behold! from the sepulchers
(men) will rush forth to their Lord!
52. They will say: "Ah! woe unto us! Who hath raised us up from
our beds of repose? (A voice will say:) "This is what (Allah)
Most Gracious had promised and true was the word of the
53. It will be no more than a single Blast when lo! they will
all be brought up before Us!
54. Then on that Day not a soul will be wronged in the least and
ye shall but be repaid the meeds of your past Deeds
55. Verily the Companions of the Garden shall that Day have joy
in all that they do
56. They and their associates will be in groves of (cool) shade
reclining on thrones (of dignity)
57. (Every) fruit (enjoyment) will be there for them; they shall
have whatever they call for
58. "Peace! a Word (of salutation) from a Lord Most Merciful!
59. And O ye in sin! get ye apart this Day
60. "Did I not enjoin on you O ye children of Adam that ye should
not worship Satan; for that he was to you an enemy avowed?
61. "And that ye should worship Me (for that) this was the
62. "But he did lead astray a great multitude of you. Did ye not
63. "This is the Hell of which ye were (repeatedly) warned!
64. "Embrace ye the (Fire) this Day for that ye (persistently)
65. That Day shall We set a seal on their mouths. But their hands
will speak to Us and their feet bear witness to all that they did
66. If it had been Our Will We could surely have blotted out
their eyes; then should they have run about groping for the Path
but how could they have seen?
67. And if it had been Our Will We could have transformed them
(to remain) in their places: then should they have been unable to
move about nor could they have returned (after error)
68. If We grant long life to any We cause him to be reversed in
nature: will they not then understand?
69. We have not instructed the (Prophet) in Poetry nor is it meet
for Him this is no less than a Message and a Qur'an making things
70. That it may give admonition to any (who are) alive and that
the charge may be proved against those who reject (Truth)
71. See they not that it is We Who have created for them among
the things which Our hands have fashioned cattle which are under
72. And that We have subjected them to their (use)? Of them some
do carry them and some they eat
73. And they have (other) profits from them (besides) and they
get (milk) to drink. Will they not then be grateful?
74. Yet they take (for worship) gods other than Allah (hoping)
that they might be helped!
75. They have not the power to help them: but they will be
brought up (before Our Judgment-Seat) as a troop (to be
76. Let not their speech then grieve thee. Verily We know what
they hide as well as what they disclose
77. Doth not man see that it is We Who created Him from sperm?
Yet behold! He (stands forth) as an open adversary!
78. And he makes comparisons for us and forgets his own (Origin
and) Creation. He says "Who can give life to (dry) bones and
decomposed ones (at that)?"
79. Say "He will give them life Who created them for the first
time! For He is well-versed in every kind of creation!
80. "The same Who produces for you fire out of the green tree
when behold! Ye kindle therewith (your own fires)!
81. "Is not He Who created the heavens and the earth able to
create the like thereof?" Yea indeed! for He is the Creator
Supreme of skill and knowledge (infinite)!
82. Verily when He intends a thing His command is "Be" and it is!
83. So glory to Him in Whose hands is the dominion of all things;
and to Him will ye be all brought back
Back To Index Page