#43. Zukhruuf *SURAH*
In the name of Allah Most Gracious Most Merciful
1. Ha Mim
2. By the Book that makes things clear
3. We have made it a Qur'an in Arabic that ye may be able to
understand (and learn wisdom)
4. And verily it is in the Mother of the Book in Our Presence
high (in dignity) full of wisdom
5. Shall We then take away the Message from you and repel (you)
for that ye are a people transgressing beyond bounds?
6. But how many were the prophets We sent amongst the peoples of
7. And never came there a prophet to them but they mocked him
8. So We destroyed (them) stronger in power than these and (thus)
has passed on the Parable of the peoples of old
9. If thou wert to question them `Who created the heavens and the
earth?' They would be sure to reply `They were created by (Him)
the Exalted in Power Full of knowledge
10. (Yea the same that) has made for you the earth (like a
carpet) spread out and has made for you roads (and channels)
therein in order that ye may find guidance (on the way)
11. That sends down (from time to time rain from the sky in due
measure; and We raise to life therewith a land that is dead; even
so will ye be raised (from the dead)
12. That has created pairs in all things and has made for you
ships and cattle on which ye ride
13. In order that ye may sit firm and square on their backs and
when so seated ye may celebrate the (kind) favor of your Lord and
say "Glory to Him Who has subjected these to Our (use) for We
could never have accomplished this (by ourselves)
14. "And to Our Lord surely Must We turn back!"
15. Yet they attribute to some of His servants a share with Him
(in His godhead)! Truly is man a blasphemous ingrate avowed!
16. What! Has He taken Daughters out of what He Himself creates
and granted to you sons for choice?
17. When news is brought to one of them of (the birth of) what he
sets up as likeness to (Allah) Most Gracious his face darkens and
he is filled with inward grief!
18. Is then one brought up among trinkets and unable to give a
clear account in a dispute (to be associated with Allah)?
19. And they make into females angels who themselves serve Allah.
Did they witness their creation? Their evidence will be recorded
and they will be called to account!
20. ("Ah!") they say "If it had been the will of (Allah) Most
Gracious We should not have worshipped such (deities)!" of that
they have no knowledge! They Do nothing but lie!
21. What! have We given them a Book before this to which they are
22. Nay! they say: "We found Our fathers following a certain
religion and We do guide ourselves by their footsteps."
23. Just in the same way whenever We sent a Warner before thee to
any people the wealthy ones among them said: "We found Our
fathers following a certain religion and We will certainly follow
in their footsteps."
24. He said: "What! even if I brought you better guidance than
that which ye found your fathers following?" They said: "For us
We deny that ye (prophets) are sent (on a mission at all)."
25. So We exacted retribution from them: now see what was the end
of those who rejected (Truth)!
26. Behold! Abraham said to his father and his people: "I do
indeed clear myself of what ye worship:
27. "(I worship) only Him Who made me and He will certainly guide
28. And he left it as a Word to endure among those who came after
him that they may turn back (to Allah)
29. Yea I have given the good things of this life to these (men)
and their fathers until the Truth has come to them and an Apostle
making things clear
30. But when the Truth came to them they said: "This is sorcery
and We do reject it."
31. Also they say: "Why is not this Qur'an sent down to some
leading man in either of the two (Chief) cities?"
32. Is it they who would portion out the Mercy of thy Lord? It is
We Who portion out between them their livelihood in the life of
this world: and We raise some of them above others in ranks so
that some may command work from others. But the Mercy of thy Lord
is better than the (wealth) which they amass
33. And were it not that (all) men might become of one (evil) way
of life We would provide for everyone that blasphemes against
(Allah) Most Gracious silver roofs for their houses and (silver)
stair-ways on which to go up
34. And (silver) doors to their houses and thrones (of silver) on
which they could recline
35. And also adornments of gold. But all this were nothing but
conveniences of the present life: the Hereafter in the sight of
thy Lord is for the Righteous
36. If anyone withdraws himself from remembrance of (Allah) Most
Gracious We appoint for him an evil one to be an intimate
companion to him
37. Such (evil ones) really hinder them from the Path but they
think that they are being guided aright!
38. At length when (such a one) comes to Us he says (to his evil-
companion): "Would that between me and thee were the distance of
East and West!" Ah! Evil is the companion (indeed)!
39. When ye have done wrong it will avail you nothing that day
that ye shall be partners in punishment!
40. Canst thou then make the deaf to hear or give direction to
the blind or to such as (wander) in manifest error?
41. Even if We take thee away We shall be sure to exact
retribution from them
42. Or We shall show thee that (accomplished) which We have
promised them: for verily We shall prevail over them
43. So hold thou fast to the Revelation sent down to thee: verily
thou art on Straight Way
44. The (Qur'an) is indeed the Message for thee and for thy
people; and soon shall ye (all) be brought to account
45. And question thou Our apostles whom We sent before thee; did
We appoint any deities other than (Allah) Most Gracious to be
46. We did send Moses aforetime with Our Signs to Pharaoh and his
Chiefs: he said "I am an apostle of the Lord of the Worlds."
47. But when he came to them with Our Signs behold they ridiculed
48. We showed them Sign after Sign each grater then its fellow
and We seized them with Punishment in order that they might turn
49. And they said "O thou Sorcerer! invoke thy Lord for us
according to His covenant with thee; for We shall truly accept
50. But when We removed the Penalty from them behold they broke
51. And Pharaoh proclaimed among his people saying: "O my people!
does not the dominion of Egypt belong to me (witness) these
streams flowing underneath my (palace)? What! see ye not then?
52. "Am I not better than this (Moses) who is a contemptible
wretch and can scarcely express himself clearly?
53. "Then why are not gold bracelets bestowed on him or (why)
come (not) with him angels accompanying him in procession?"
54. Thus did he make fools of his people and they obeyed him:
Truly were they a people rebellious (against Allah)
55. When at length they provoked Us We exacted retribution from
them and We drowned them all
56. And We made them (a people) of the Past and an Example to
57. When (Jesus) the son of Mary is held up as an example behold
thy people raise a clamor thereat (in ridicule)!
58. And they say " Are Our gods best or He?" This they set forth
to thee only by way of disputation: yea they are a contentious
59. He was no more than a servant: We granted Our favor to him
and We made him an example to the Children of Israel
60. And if it were Our Will We could make angels from amongst you
succeeding each other on the earth
61. And (Jesus) shall be a Sign (for the coming of) the Hour (of
Judgment): therefore have no doubt about the (Hour) but follow ye
Me: this is a Straight Way
62. Let not the Evil One hinder you: for he is to you an enemy
63. When Jesus came with Clear Signs he said: "Now have I come to
you with Wisdom and in order to make clear to you some of the
(points) on which ye dispute: therefore fear Allah and obey me
64. "For Allah; He is my Lord and your Lord: so worship ye Him:
this is a Straight Way"
65. But sects from among themselves fell into disagreement: then
woe to the wrongdoers from the Penalty of a Grievous Day!
66. Do they only wait for the Hour that it should come on them
all of a sudden while they perceive not?
67. Friends on that Day will be foes one to another except the
68. My devotees! no fear shall be on you that Day nor shall ye
69. (Being) those who have believed in Our Signs and bowed (their
wills to Ours) in Islam
70. Enter ye the Garden ye and your wives in (beauty and)
71. To them will be passed round dishes and goblets of gold:
there will be there all that the souls could desire all that the
eyes could delight in: and ye shall abide therein (for aye)
72. Such will be the Garden of which ye are made heirs for your
(good) deeds (in life)
73. Ye shall have therein abundance of fruit from which ye shall
74. The Sinners will be in the Punishment of Hell to dwell
therein (for aye):
75. Nowise will the (punishment) be lightened for them and in
despair will they be there overwhelmed.
76. Nowise shall We be unjust to them: but it is they who have
been unjust themselves.
77. They will cry: "O Malik! would that thy Lord put and end to
us!" He will! say "Nay but ye shall abide!"
78. Verily We have brought the truth to you: but most of you have
a hatred for Truth.
79. What! have they settled some Plan (among themselves)? But it
is We Who settle things.
80. Or do they think that We hear not their secrets and their
private counsels? Indeed (We do) and Our Messengers are by them
81. Say: "If (Allah) Most Gracious had a son I would be the first
82. Glory to the Lord of the heavens and the earth the Lord of
the Throne (of Authority)! (He is free) from the things they
attribute (to Him)!
83. So leave them to babble and play (with vanities) until they
meet that Day , of theirs which they have been promised.
84. It is He Who is Allah in heaven and Allah on earth; and He is
full of Wisdom and Knowledge.
85. And blessed is He to Whom belongs the dominion of the heavens
and the earth and all between them with Him is the knowledge of
the Hour (of Judgment) And to Him shall ye be brought back.
86. And those whom they invoke besides Allah have no power of
intercession only he who bears witness to the Truth and they know
87. If thou ask them Who Created them they will certainly say
Allah how then are they deluded away (from the Truth)?
88. (Allah has knowledge) of the (Prophet's) cry "O my Lord!
truly these are people who will not believe!"
89. But turn away from them and say "Peace!" but soon shall they
Back To Index Page