#44. Dukhaan *SURAH*
In the name of Allah Most Gracious Most Merciful
1. Ha Mim.
2. By the Book that makes things clear
3. We sent it down during a blessed night: for We (ever) wish to
warn (against Evil)
4. In that (night) is made distinct every affair of wisdom
5. By command from Our presence. For We (ever) send (revelations)
6. As a Mercy from thy Lord: for He hears and knows (all things)
7. The Lord of the heavens and the earth and all between them if
ye (but) have an assured faith
8. There is no god but He: it is He Who gives life and gives
death the Lord and Cherisher to you and your earliest ancestors.
9. Yet they play about in doubt
10. Then watch thou for the Day that the sky will bring forth a
kind of smoke (or mist) plainly visible
11. Enveloping the people: this will be a Penalty Grievous
12. (They will say:) "Our Lord! remove the Penalty from us for We
do really believe!"
13. How shall the Message be (effectual) for them seeing that an
Apostle explaining things clearly has (already) come to them
14. Yet they turn away from him and say: "Tutored (by others) a
15. We shall indeed remove the Penalty for a while (but) truly ye
will revert (to your ways)
16. One day We shall seize you with a mighty onslaught We will
indeed (then) exact Retribution!
17. We did before them try the people of Pharaoh: there came to
them and apostle most honorable.
18. Saying: "Restore to me the servants of Allah: I am to you an
apostle worthy of all trust"
19. "And be not arrogant as against Allah for I come to you with
20. "For me I have sought Safety with my Lord and your Lord
against your injuring me"
21. "If ye believe me not at least keep yourselves away from me"
22. (But they were aggressive): then he cried to his Lord "These
are indeed a people given to sin."
23. (The reply came): "March forth with My servants by night for
ye are sure to be pursued"
24. "And leave the sea as a furrow (divided). For they are a host
(destined) to be drowned."
25. How many were the gardens and springs they left behind
26. And corn-fields and noble buildings
27. And wealth (and conveniences of life) wherein they had taken
28. Thus (was their end) And We made other people inherit (those
29. And neither heaven nor earth shed a tear over them nor were
they given a respite (again)
30. We did deliver aforetime the Children of Israel from
31. Inflicted by Pharaoh for he was arrogant (even) among
32. And We chose them aforetime above the nations knowingly
33. And granted them Signs in which there was a manifest trial
34. As to these (Quraish) they say forsooth
35. "There is nothing beyond our first death and we shall not be
36. "Then bring (back) our forefathers if what ye say is true!"
37. What! are they better than the people of Tubba and those who
were before them? We destroyed them because they were guilty of
38. We created not the heavens the earth and all between them
merely in (idle) sport
39. We created them not except for just ends but most of them do
40. Verily the Day of Sorting Out is the time appointed for all
41. The Day when no protector can avail his client in aught and
no help can they receive
42. Except such as receive Allah's Mercy for He is exalted in
Might Most Merciful
43. Verily the tree of Zaqqum
44. Will be the food of the Sinful
45. Like molten brass; it will boil in their insides
46. Like the boiling of scalding water
47. (A voice will cry:) "Seize ye him and drag him into the midst
of the Blazing Fire!"
48. "Then pour over his head the Penalty of Boiling Water"
49. "Taste thou (this)! Truly wast thou Mighty full of honor!"
50. "Truly this is what ye used to doubt!"
51. As to the Righteous (they will be) in a position of Security
52. Among Gardens and Springs
53. Dressed in fine silk and in rich brocade they will face each
54. So; and We shall Join them to Companions with beautiful big
and lustrous eyes
55. There can they call for every kind of fruit in peace and
56. Nor will they there taste Death except the first Death; and
He will preserve them from the Penalty of the Blazing Fire
57. As a Bounty from thy Lord! That will be the supreme
58. Verily We have made this (Qur'an) easy in thy tongue in order
that they may give heed
59. So wait thou and watch; for they (too) are waiting
Back To Index Page