#45. Jaathiya *SURAH*
In the name of Allah Most Gracious Most Merciful
1. Ha Mim.
2. The revelation of the Book is from Allah the Exalted in power
Full of Wisdom
3. Verily in the heavens and the earth are Signs for those who
4. And in the creation of yourselves and the fact that animals
are scattered (through the earth) are Signs for those of assured
5. And in the alternation of Night and Day and the fact that
Allah sends down Sustenance from the sky and revives therewith
the earth after its death and the change of the winds are Signs
for those that are wise
6. Such are the Signs of Allah which We rehearse to thee in
truth: then in what exposition will they believe after
(rejecting) Allah and His Signs?
7. Woe to each sinful Dealer in Falsehoods:
8. He hears the Signs of Allah rehearsed to him yet is obstinate
and lofty as if he had not heard them: then announce to him a
9. And when he learns something of Our Signs he takes them in
jest: for such there will be a humiliating Penalty
10. In front of them is Hell: and of no profit to them is
anything they may have earned nor any protectors they may have
taken to themselves besides Allah: for them is a tremendous
11. This is (true) Guidance: and for those who reject the Signs
of their Lord is a grievous Penalty of abomination
12. It is Allah Who has subjected the sea to you that ships may
sail through it by His command that ye may seek of His Bounty and
that ye may be grateful
13. And He has subjected to you as from Him all that is in the
heavens and on earth: behold in that are Signs indeed for those
14. Tell those who believe to forgive those who do not look
forward to the Days of Allah: it is for Him to recompense (for
good or ill) each People according to what they have earned
15. If anyone does a righteous deed it enures to the benefit of
his own soul if he does evil it works against (His own soul). In
the end will ye (all) be brought back to your Lord
16. We did aforetime grant to the Children of Israel the Book the
Power of Command and Prophethood; We gave them for Sustenance
things good and pure and We favored them above the nations
17. And We granted them clear Signs in affairs (of Religion): it
was only after knowledge had been granted to them that they fell
into schisms through insolent envy among themselves. Verily thy
Lord will judge between them on the Day of Judgement as to those
matters in which they set up differences
18. Then We put thee on the (right) Way of Religion: so follow
thou that (Way) and follow not the desires of those who know not.
19. They will be of no use to thee in the sight of Allah: it is
only Wrongdoers (that stand as) protectors one to another: but
Allah is the Protector of the Righteous
20. These are clear evidences to men and a Guidance and Mercy to
those of assured Faith
21. What! do those who seek after evil ways think that We shall
hold them equal with those who believe and do righteous deeds
that equal will be their Life and their death? Ill is the
judgment that they make
22. Allah created the heavens and the earth for just ends and in
order that each soul may find the recompense of what it has
earned and none of them be wronged
23. Then seest thou such a one as takes as his god his own vain
desire? Allah has knowing (him as such) left him astray and
sealed His hearing and his heart (and understanding) and put a
cover on his sight. Who then will guide him after Allah (has
withdrawn Guidance)? Will ye not then receive admonition?
24. And they say: "What is there but our life in this world? We
shall die and we live and nothing but Time can destroy us." But
of that they have no knowledge: they merely conjecture
25. And when Our Clear Signs are rehearsed to them their argument
is nothing but this: they say "Bring (back) our forefathers if
what ye say is true!"
26. Say: "It is Allah Who gives you life then gives you death;
then He will gather you together for the Day of Judgement about
which there is no doubt": but most men do not understand
27. To Allah belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth
and the Day that the Hour of Judgment is established that Day
will the dealers in Falsehood perish!
28. And thou wilt see every sect bowing the knee: every sect will
be called to its Record: "This Day shall ye be recompensed for
all that ye did!
29. "This Our Record speaks about you with truth: for We were
wont to put on record all that ye did."
30. Then as to those who believed and did righteous deeds their
Lord will admit them to His Mercy: that will be the Achievement
for all to see
31. But as to those who reject Allah (to them will be said):
"Were not Our Signs rehearsed to you? But ye were arrogant and
were a people given to sin!
32. "And when it was said that the promise of Allah was true and
that the Hour there was no doubt about its (coming) ye used to
say `We know not what is the Hour: we only think it is an idea
and we have no firm assurance.'"
33. Then will appear to them the evil (fruits) of what they did
and they will be completely encircled by that which they used to
34. It will also be said: "This Day We will forget you as ye
forgot the meeting of this Day of yours! And your abode is the
Fire and no helpers have ye!
35. "This because ye used to take the Signs of Allah in jest and
the life of the world deceived you." (From) the Day therefore
they shall not be taken out thence nor shall they be received
36. Then Praise be to Allah Lord of the heavens and Lord of the
earth Lord and Cherisher of all the worlds!
37. To Him be Glory throughout the heavens and the earth: and He
is Exalted in Power Full of Wisdom!
Back To Index Page