#50. Qaaf *SURAH*
In the name of Allah Most Gracious Most Merciful
1. Qaf. By the Glorious Qur'an (Thou art Allah's Apostle)
2. But they wonder that there has come to them a Warner from
among themselves. So the Unbelievers say: "This is a wonderful
3. "What! when we die and become dust (shall we live again?).
That is a (sort of) Return far (from our understanding)"
4. We already know how much of them the earth takes away: with Us
is a Record guarding (the full account)
5. But they deny the truth when it comes to them: So they are in
a confused state
6. Do they not look at the sky above them? How We have made it
and adorned it and there are no flaws in it?
7. And the earth-We have spread it out and set thereon mountains
standing firm and produced therein every kind of beautiful growth
8. To be observed and commemorated by every devotee turning (to
9. And We send down from the sky Rain charged with blessing and
We produce therewith Gardens and Grain for harvests
10. And tall (and stately) palm-trees with shoots of fruit-stalks
piled one over another
11. As sustenance for (Allah's) Servants; and We give (new) life
therewith to land that is dead: Thus will be the Resurrection
12. Before them was denied (the Hereafter) by the people of Noah
the Companions of the Rass the Thamud
13. The `Ad Pharaoh the Brethren of Lut
14. The companions of the Wood and the people of Tubba; each one
(of them) rejected the apostles and My warning was duly fulfilled
15. Were We then weary with the first Creation that they should
be in confused doubt about a new Creation?
16. It was We who created man and We know what dark suggestions
his soul makes to him: for We are nearer to him than (his)
17. Behold two (guardian angels) appointed to learn (his doings)
learn (and not them) one sitting on the right and one on the left
18. Not a word does he utter but there is a sentinel by him ready
(to note it)
19. And the stupor of death will bring truth (before his eyes):
"This was the thing which thou wast trying to escape!"
20. And the Trumpet shall be blown: that will be the Day whereof
warning (had been given)
21. And there will come forth every soul: with each will be an
(angel) to drive and an (angel) to bear witness
22. (It will be said:) "Thou wast heedless of this; now have We
removed thy veil and sharp is thy sight this Day!"
23. And his companion will say: "Here is (his record) ready with
24. (The sentence will be:) "Throw throw into Hell every
contumacious Rejector (of Allah)!
25. "Who forbade what was good transgressed all bounds cast
doubts and suspicions
26. "Who set up another god besides Allah: throw him into a
27. His companion will say: "Our Lord! I did not make him
transgress but he was (himself) far astray."
28. He will say: "Dispute not with each other in My Presence: I
had already in advance sent you Warning.
29. "The Word changes not before Me and I do not the least
injustice to My Servants."
30. One Day We will ask Hell "art thou filled to the full?" It
will say "are there any more (to come)?"
31. And the Garden will be brought nigh to the righteous no more
a thing distant.
32. (A voice will say:) "This is what was promised for you for
everyone who turned (to Allah) in sincere repentance who kept
33. "Who feared (Allah) Most Gracious unseen and brought a heart
turned in devotion (to Him)
34. "Enter ye therein in Peace and Security; this is a Day of
35. There will be for them therein all that they wish and more
besides in Our Presence.
36. But how many generations before them did We destroy (for
their Sins) stronger in power than they? Then did they wander
through the land: Was there any place of escape (for them)?
37. Verily in this is a Message for any that has a heart and
understanding or who gives ear and earnestly witnesses (the
38. We created the heavens and the earth and all between them in
Six Days nor did any sense of weariness touch Us
39. Bear then with patience all that they say and celebrate the
praises of thy Lord before the rising of the sun and before (its)
40. And during part of the night (also) celebrate His praises and
(so likewise) after the postures of adoration
41. And listen for the Day when the Caller will call out from a
place quite near
42. The day when they will hear a (mighty) Blast in (very)
truth): that will be the day of Resurrection
43. Verily it is We Who give Life and Death; and to Us is the
44. The Day when the Earth will be rent asunder from (men)
hurrying out: that will be a gathering together quite easy for
45. We know best what they say; and thou art not one to ever awe
them by force. So admonish with the Qur'an such as fear My
Back To Index Page