#51. Zaariyaat *SURAH*
In the name of Allah Most Gracious Most Merciful
1. By the (Winds) that scatter broadcast
2. And those that lift and bear away heavy weights
3. And those that flow with ease and gentleness
4. And those that distribute and apportion by command
5. Verily that which ye are promised is true
6. And verily Judgment and Justice must indeed come to pass
7. By the Sky with (its) numerous Paths
8. Truly ye are in a doctrine discordant
9. Through which are deluded (away from the Truth) such as would
10. Woe to the falsehood-mongers
11. Those who (flounder) heedless in a flood of confusion
12. They ask "when will be the Day of Judgment and Justice?"
13. (It will be) a Day when they will be tried (and tested) over
14. "Taste ye your trial! this is what ye used to ask to be
15. As to the Righteous they will be in the midst of Gardens and
16. Taking joy in the things which their Lord gives them because
before then they lived a good life
17. They were in the habit of sleeping but little by night
18. And in the hours of early dawn They (were found) praying for
19. And in their wealth and possessions (was remembered) the
right of the (needy) him who asked and him who (for some reason)
was prevented (from asking)
20. On the earth are Signs for those of assured Faith
21. As also in your own selves: will ye not then see?
22. And in heaven is your Sustenance as (also) that which ye are
23. Then by the Lord of heaven and earth this is the very Truth
as much as the fact that ye can speak intelligently to each
24. Has the story reached thee of the honored guests of Abraham?
25. Behold they entered His presence and said: "Peace!" He said
"Peace!" (and) thought "these seem) unusual people."
26. Then he turned quickly to his household brought out a fatted
27. And placed it before them. He said "Will ye not eat?"
28. (When they did not eat) He conceived a fear of them. They
said "Fear not" and they gave him glad tidings of a son endowed
29. But his wife came forward (laughing) aloud: she smote her
forehead and said: "a barren old woman!"
30. They said "Even so has thy Lord spoken: and He is full of
Wisdom and Knowledge."
31. (Abraham) said: "And what o ye Messengers is your errand
32. They said "We have been sent to a people (deep) in sin
33. "To bring on on them (a shower of) stones of clay (brimstone)
34. "Marked as from thy Lord for those who trespass beyond
35. Then We evacuated those of the Believers who were there
36. But We found not there any just (Muslim) persons except in
37. And We left there a Signs for such as fear the Grievous
38. And in Moses (was another Sign): Behold We sent him to
Pharaoh with authority manifest
39. But (Pharaoh) turned back with his Chiefs and said "A
sorcerer or one possessed!"
40. So We took him and his forces and threw them into the sea:
and his was the blame
41. And in the `Ad (people) (was another Sign): Behold We sent
against them the devastating Wind
42. It left nothing whatever that it came up against but reduced
it to ruin and rottenness
43. And in the Thamud (was another Sign): Behold they were told
"Enjoy (your brief day) for a little while!"
44. But they insolently defied the command of their Lord: so the
stunning noise (of an earthquake) seized them even while they
were looking on
45. Then they could not even stand (on their feet) nor could they
46. So were the people of Noah before them: for they wickedly
47. With the power and skill did We construct the Firmament: for
it is We Who create the vastness of Space
48. And We have spread out the (spacious) earth: how excellently
We do spread out!
49. And of everything We have created pairs: that ye may receive
50. Hasten ye then (at once) to Allah: I am from Him a warner to
you clear and open!
51. And make not another an object of worship with Allah: I am
from Him a Warner to you clear and open!
52. Similarly no apostle came to the Peoples before them but they
said (of him) in like manner "A sorcerer or one possessed"!
53. Is this the legacy they have transmitted one to another? Nay
they are themselves a people transgressing beyond bounds!
54. So turn away from them: not thine is the blame
55. But teach (thy Message): for teaching benefits the Believers
56. I have only created jinns and men that they may serve Me
57. No sustenance do I require of them nor do I require that they
should feed Me
58. For Allah is He Who gives (all) Sustenance Lord of Power
Steadfast (for ever)
59. For the wrongdoers their portion is like unto the portion of
their fellows (of earlier generations): then let them not ask Me
to hasten (that portion)!
60. Woe then to the Unbelievers on account of that day of theirs
which they have been promised!
Back To Index Page