#61. Saaf *SURAH*
In the name of Allah Most Gracious Most Merciful
1. Whatever is in the heavens and on earth let it declare the
Praises and Glory of Allah: for He is the Exalted in Might the
2. O ye who believe! why say ye that which ye do not?
3. Grievously odious is it in the sight of Allah that ye say that
which ye do not
4. Truly Allah loves those who fight in His Cause in battle array
as if they were a solid cemented structure
5. And remember Moses said to his people: "O my people! why do ye
vex and insult me though ye know that I am the apostle of Allah
(sent) to you?" Then when they went wrong Allah let their hearts
go wrong: for Allah guides not those who are rebellious
6. And remember Jesus the son of Mary said: "O Children of
Israel! I am the apostle of Allah (sent) to you confirming the
Law (which came) before me and giving glad Tidings of an Apostle
to come after me whose name shall be Ahmad." But when he came to
them with Clear Signs they said "This is evident sorcery!"
7. Who doth greater wrong than one who invents falsehood against
Allah even as he is being invited to Islam? And Allah guides not
those who do wrong.
8. Their intention is to extinguish Allah's Light (by blowing)
with their mouths: but Allah will complete (the revelation of)
His Light even though the Unbelievers may detest (it).
9. It is He Who has sent His Apostle with Guidance and the
Religion of Truth that he may proclaim it over all religion even
though the Pagans may detest (it).
10. O ye who believe! shall I lead you to a bargain that will
save you from a grievous Penalty?
11. That ye believe in Allah and His Apostle and that ye strive
(your utmost) in the Cause of Allah with your property and your
persons: that will be best for you if ye but knew!
12. He will forgive you your sins and admit you to Gardens
beneath which rivers flow and to beautiful mansions in Gardens of
Eternity: that is indeed the supreme Achievement.
13. And another (favor will He bestow) which ye do love help from
Allah and a speedy victory: so give the Glad Tidings to the
14. O ye who believe! be ye helpers of Allah: as said Jesus the
son of Mary to the Disciples "Who will be my helpers to (the work
of) Allah?" Said the Disciples "We are Allah's helpers!" Then a
portion of the Children of Israel believed and a portion
disbelieved: but We gave power to those who believed against
their enemies and they became the ones that prevailed
Back To Index Page