#66. Tahreem *SURAH*
In the name of Allah Most Gracious Most Merciful
1. O Prophet! why holdest thou to be forbidden that which Allah
has made lawful to thee? Thou seekest to please thy consorts. But
Allah is Oft Forgiving Most Merciful
2. Allah has already ordained for you (O men) the dissolution of
your oaths (in some cases): and Allah is your Protector and He is
Full of Knowledge and Wisdom
3. When the Prophet disclosed a matter in confidence to one of
his consorts and she then divulged it (to another) and Allah made
it known to him he confirmed part thereof and repudiated a part.
Then when he told her thereof she said "Who told thee this?" He
said "He told me who knows and is well-acquainted (with all
4. If ye two turn in repentance to Him your hearts are indeed so
inclined; but if ye back up each other against him truly Allah is
his Protector and Gabriel and (every) righteous one among those
who believe and furthermore the angels will back (him) up
5. It may be if he divorced you (all) that Allah will give him in
exchange Consorts better than you who submit (their wills) who
believe who are devout who turn to Allah in repentance who
worship (in humility) who travel (for faith) and fast previously
married or virgins.
6. O ye who believe! save yourselves and your families from a
Fire whose fuel is Men and Stones over which are (appointed)
angels stern (and) severe who flinch not (from executing) the
Commands they receive from Allah but do (precisely) what they are
7. (They will say) "O ye Unbelievers! make no excuses this day!
Ye are being but requited for all that ye did!"
8. O ye who believe! turn to Allah with sincere repentance: in
the hope that your Lord will remove from you your ills and admit
you to Gardens beneath which Rivers flow the Day that Allah will
not permit to be humiliated the Prophet and those who believe
with him. Their Light will run forward before them and by their
right hands while they say "Our Lord! perfect our Light for us
and grant us Forgiveness; for Thou has power over all things."
9. O Prophet! strive hard against the Unbelievers and the
Hypocrites and be firm against them. Their abode is Hell an evil
10. Allah sets forth for an example to the Unbelievers the wife
of Noah and the wife of Lut: they were (respectively) under two
of Our righteous servants but they were false to their (husbands)
and they profited nothing before Allah on their account but were
told: "Enter ye the fire along withw (others) that enter!"
11. And Allah sets forth as an example to those who believe the
wife of Pharaoh: Behold she said: "O my Lord! build for me in
nearness to Thee a mansion in the Garden and save me from Pharaoh
and his doings and save me from those that do wrong"
12. And Mary the daughter of `Imran who guarded her chastity; and
We breathed into her (body) of Our spirit; and she testified to
the truth of the words of her Lord and of His Revelations and was
one of the devout (Servants)
Back To Index Page