#69. Haqqa *SURAH*
In the name of Allah Most Gracious Most Merciful
1. The Sure Reality!
2. What is the Sure Reality?
3. And what will make thee realize what the Sure Reality is?
4. The Thamud and the `Ad people (branded) as false the Stunning
5. But the Thamud they were destroyed by a terrible storm of
thunder and lightning!
6. And the `Ad they were destroyed by a furious wind exceedingly
7. He made it rage against them seven nights and eight days in
succession: So that thou couldst see the (whole) people lying
prostrate in its (path) as if they had been roots of hollow palm-
trees tumbled down!
8. Then seest thou any of them left surviving?
9. And Pharaoh and those before him and the Cities Overthrown
committed habitual Sin
10. And disobeyed (each) the apostle of their Lord; so He
punished them with an abundant Penalty
11. We when the water (of Noah's flood) overflowed beyond its
limits carried you (mankind) in the floating (Ark)
12. That We might make it a message unto you and that ears (that
should hear the tale and) retain its memory should bear its
(lessons) in remembrance
13. Then when one Blast is sounded on the Trumpet
14. And the earth is moved and its mountains and they are crushed
to powder at one stroke
15. On that Day shall the (Great) Event come to pass
16. And the sky will be rent asunder for it will that Day be
17. And the angels will be on its sides and eight will that Day
bear the Throne of thy Lord above them
18. That Day shall ye be brought to Judgment: not an act of yours
that ye hide will be hidden
19. Then He that will be given his Record in his right hand will
say: "Ah here! read ye my Record!"
20. "I did really understand that my Account would (one Day)
21. And he will be in a life of Bliss
22. In a Garden on high
23. The Fruits whereof (will hang in bunches) low and near
24. "Eat ye and drink ye with full satisfaction; because of the
(good) that ye sent before you in the days that are gone!"
25. And he that will be given his Record in his left hand will
say: "Ah! would, that my record had not been given to me!"
26. "And that I had never realized how my account (stood)!
27. "Ah! would that (Death) had made an end of me!"
28. "Of no profit to me has been my wealth!"
29. "My power has perished from me!"
30. (The stern command will say): "Seize ye him and bind ye him
31. "And burn ye him in the Blazing Fire"
32. "Further make him march in a chain whereof the length is
33. "This was he that would not believe in Allah Most High"
34. "And would not encourage the feeding of the indigent!"
35. "So no friend hath he here this Day"
36. "Nor hath he any food except the corruption from the washing
37. "Which none do eat but those in sin"
38. So I do call to witness what ye see
39. And what ye see not
40. That this is verily the word of an honored apostle
41. It is not the word of a poet: little it is ye believe!
42. Nor is it the word of a soothsayer: little admonition it is
43. (This is) a Message sent down from the Lord of the Worlds
44. And if the apostle were to invent any sayings in Our name
45. We should certainly seize him by his right hand
46. And We should certainly then cut off the artery of his heart
47. Nor could any of you withhold him (from Our wrath)
48. But verily this is a Message for the Allah-fearing
49. And We certainly know that there are amongst you those that
50. But truly (Revelation) is a cause of sorrow for the
51. But verily it is Truth of assured certainty
52. So glorify the name of thy Lord Most High
Back To Index Page