#83. Tatfeef *SURAH*
In the name of Allah Most Gracious Most Merciful
1. Woe to those that deal in fraud
2. Those who when they have to receive by measure from men exact
3. But when they have to give by measure or weight to men give
less than due
4. Do they not think that they will be called to account?
5. On a Mighty Day
6. A Day when (all) mankind will stand before the Lord of the
7. Nay! Surely the Record of the Wicked is (preserved) in Sijjin
8. And what will explain to thee what Sijjin is?
9. (There is) a Register (fully) inscribed
10. Woe that Day to those that deny
11. Those that deny the Day of Judgment
12. And none can deny it but the Transgressor beyond bounds the
13. When Our Signs are rehearsed to him he says "Tales of the
14. By no means! but on their hearts is the stain of the (ill)
which they do!
15. Verily from (the Light of) their Lord that Day will they be
16. Further they will enter the Fire of Hell
17. Further it will be said to them: "This is the (reality) which
ye rejected as false!"
18. Nay verily the Record of the Righteous is (preserved) in
19. And what will explain to thee whet `Illiyin is?
20. (There is) a Register (fully) inscribed
21. To which bear witness those Nearest (to Allah)
22. Truly the Righteous will be in Bliss:
23. On Thrones (of Dignity) will they command a sight (of all
24. Thou wilt recognize in their Faces the beaming brightness of
25. Their thirst will be slaked with Pure Wine sealed
26. The seal thereof will be Musk: and for this let those aspire
who have aspirations:
27. With it will be (given) a mixture of Tasnim:
28. A spring from (the waters) whereof drink those Nearest to
29. Those in sin used to laugh at those who believed
30. And whenever they passed by them used to wink at each other
31. And when they returned to their own people they would return
32. And whenever they saw them they would say "Behold! these are
the people truly astray!"
33. But they had not been sent as Keepers over them!
34. But on this Day the Believers will laugh at the Unbelievers
35. On Thrones (of Dignity) They will command (a sight) (of all
36. Will not the Unbelievers have been paid back for what they
Back To Index Page