#89. Fajr *SURAH*
In the name of Allah Most Gracious Most Merciful
1. By the Break of Day
2. By the Nights twice five;
3. By the Even and Odd (contrasted);
4. And by the Night when it passeth away
5. Is there (not) in these and adjuration (or evidence) for those
6. Seest thou not how thy Lord dealt with the `Ad (people)
7. Of the (city of) Iram with lofty pillars
8. The like of which were not produced in (all) the land?
9. And with the Thamud (people) who cut out (huge) rocks in the
10. And with Pharaoh Lord of Stakes?
11. (All) these transgressed Beyond bounds in the lands
12. And heaped therein Mischief (on mischief)
13. Therefore did thy Lord pour on them a scourge of diverse
14. For thy Lord is (As a Guardian) on a watch-tower
15. Now as for man when his Lord trieth him giving him honor and
gifts then saith he (puffed up) "My Lord hath honored me."
16. But when He trieth him restricting his subsistence for him
then saith he (in despair) "My Lord hath humiliated me!"
17. Nay nay! but ye honor not the orphans!
18. Nor do ye encourage one another to feed the poor!
19. And ye devour inheritance all with greed
20. And ye love wealth with inordinate love!
21. Nay! when the earth is pounded to powder
22. And thy Lord cometh and His angels rank upon rank
23. And Hell that Day is brought (face to face) on that Day will
man remember but how will that remembrance profit him?
24. He will say: "Ah! would that I had sent forth (Good Deeds)
for (this) my (Future) Life."
25. For that Day His Chastisement will be such as none (else) can
26. And His bonds will be such as none (other) can bind
27. (To the righteous soul will be said:) "O (thou) soul in
(complete) rest and satisfaction!
28. "Come back thou to thy Lord well pleased (thyself) and
well-pleasing unto Him!
29. "Enter thou then among my Devotees!
30. "Yea enter thou my Heaven"!