#90. Balad *SURAH*
In the name of Allah Most Gracious Most Merciful
1. I do call to witness this City
2. And thou art a freeman of this City
3. And (the mystic ties of) Parent and Child
4. Verily We have created Man into toil and struggle
5. Thinketh he that none hath power over him?
6. He may say (boastfully): "Wealth have I squandered in
7. Thinketh he that none beholdeth him?
8. Have We not made for him a pair of eyes?
9. And a tongue and a pair of lips?
10. And shown him the two highways?
11. But he hath made no haste on the path that is steep
12. And what will explain to thee the path that is steep?
13. (It is:) freeing the bondman;
14. Or the giving of food in a day of privation
15. To the orphan with claims of relationship
16. Or to the indigent (down) in the dust
17. Then will he be of those who believe and enjoin patience
(constancy and self-restraint) and enjoin deeds of kindness and
18. Such are the Companions of the Right Hand
19. But those who reject Our Signs they are the (unhappy)
companions of the Left Hand
20. On them will be Fire Vaulted over (all round)
Back To Index Page