#96. Iqraa *SURAH*
In the name of Allah Most Gracious Most Merciful
1. Proclaim! (or Read!) in the name of thy Lord and Cherisher Who
2. Created man out of a (mere) clot of congealed blood:
3. Proclaim! And thy Lord is Most Bountiful
4. He Who taught (the use of) the Pen
5. Taught man that which he knew not
6. Nay but man doth transgress all bounds
7. In that he looketh upon himself as self-sufficient
8. Verily to thy Lord is the return (of all)
9. Seest thou one who forbids
10. A votary when he (turns) to pray?
11. Seest thou if He is on (the road of) Guidance?
12. Or enjoins Righteousness?
13. Seest thou if he denies (Truth) and turns away?
14. Knoweth he not that Allah doth see?
15. Let him beware! If he desist not We will drag him by the
16. A lying sinful forelock!
17. Then let him call (for help) to his council (of comrades):
18. We will call on the angels of punishment (to deal with him)!
19. Nay heed him not: but bow down in adoration and bring thyself
the closer (to Allah)!
Back To Index Page